Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last Long Thursday Long Run

This is folks! Next Thursday is 90min and the following 60. Today is the last really long run before Ironman.

The weather here is much cooler than the report has you believe:
Temp: 55
Wind: From SSE at 9 mph
Humidity: 77%

I dressed for that with a long sleeve base shirt, t-shirt, and shorts. Jogged to the Chicago lakefront and headed North. I knew there would be a head wind coming back but figured I could always use some mental toughening. Going out it was hard to stay anywhere close to my EZ pace and I often found myself a minute faster. A quick turnaround at 75min and smack in the face with the 10mph wind. OK, I knew this was coming. Continued on now only 10sec faster than EZ pace. The further South I went the stronger the wind became (I guessed 15 – 20mph) and I ended up bailing on the intervals in favor of just keeping the EZ pace. Made it 16mi in 2:33min and am still shivering a little at my desk.

A quick weather check of a landmark along the lakefront:
Temp: 55
Wind: From SE at 15 mph
Humidity: 79%

No comments:

Post a Comment